Tuesday, December 21, 2010

A no-kill deliciouso recipe

For reasons I won't go into right now, I've been conciously eating a lot less meat and a lot more grains and veg.  This has led me to a few recipes that I will log here.  Probably more for my reference than yours, since no one reads this blog.  :(

Anyway, this one is a Quinoa dish.

1 cup quinoa
2 cups organic veggie stock
1 small onion, diced in very small slices
1 tablespoon fresh minced thyme
1 tablespoon fresh minced parsley
1 teaspoon olive oil

In pan, heat olive oil, add quinoa over medium heat, turn occasionally for about 5-6 minutes.  In 2 quart sauce pan, add the quinoa and 2 cups stock, cover and bring to boil for 5 minutes.  reduce to simmer for about a half hour, until stock reduces fully and quinoa is done.  Fluff quinoa and add the thyme, parsley and onion and mix well until all are distributed.

Enjoy!